Saturday, June 9, 2007

Who could ask for more?


Have I mentioned how great my sisters are? You couldn't ask for anything better. I forgot to mention this on my blog back in February, so I'm doing it now.

Throughout the adoption, I've been a little bit wary about allowing myself to get too comfortable with the idea that we will someday actually be parents to a beautiful little girl. I'm a bit of a nervous Nelly...actually, I'm a professional worrier. So, needless to say, there's been very little shopping, decorating...very little preparation in those areas. I kept telling myself that once we had our official approval, then I would let loose and start the shopping sprees.

My sisters, on the other hand, had no such reserve. They had been shopping off and on all throughout our process. They were smart enough, however, to hide it from me. After we received word that we had been approved, Doug and I hopped a plane to Ohio to attend his brother's wedding. Sarah stayed with the boys. When we returned, she had a surprise for us.

She had emptied part of my closet and filled it with all the things she had been picking up at stores and boutiques over the past year. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. LITTLE GIRL CLOTHES IN MY HOUSE!!! I had so much fun going through all the outfits. The boys were so excited to show me....it was so sweet. Doug's eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw it...I warned him that this was just beginning....he believed me.

Anyway, I had to brag about what wonderful, wonderful sisters I have once again. They spoil me and they will spoil their niece....I'm sure of that!

7 comments:

A Yi Norah said...

I want pink in my closet..no fair!

Terri said...

Tell your husband to add another pole...we have another year of shopping to do. If I find any clothing rack sizers, I will send them your way!

Terri said...

by the way... I LOVE that greenish blue dress the the embroidery!

Mary Schneider said...

Hi Terri,

There's no need to add another pole, that one in the picture is in my closet. We haven't even started putting things in hers.
The dress is from an amazing boutique on the west side of town. Me, you and Mardi will have to splurge and go there when we get close to referrals.

Mary Schneider said...

Oh Norah,

There's still time for you to create something that wears pink!!!

A Yi Norah said...

I think pink looks better in your closet then mine. I am to busy getting frogs out of my sink and going to the ER. I don't have time to do my own hair in the morning let alone someone else's. O My, you better get going on practicing ponytail and pigtails. I still remember you French braiding my hair when I was little. When you got down I couldn't blink.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you definitely dont need another pole. You barely use half your closet as it is. Actually we should start shopping for your travel clothes!