Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saying good bye...for now

Yesterday was one tough day. We had to say good bye to our friends, The Searls, who are moving to San Diego. Machell and I have been best friends since we met almost eleven years ago. We've been through sooooo much together. She is my glue. She knows me so well and keeps me on track. It's killing me that she won't be here when our daughter comes home. It's hard for me to even imagine. I know, no matter where she is, that she will be a constant source of support and love but it just won't be the same. Our children are as close as kids can be. Benjamin and Travis are best buddies...Jacob is just as close to him (although, Austin is his "official" best friend). Ashley has been such a joy to watch grow up. She's at such a fun age (12 going on 20...ha ha)!! I was so looking forward to having her around to be a big sister to my baby...I guess now it will just have to be from a distance.

We will be able to visit them often, and I know we will stay close. But, for now we are sad. This is a big change that will take some getting used to. We love you guys and will miss you so so much!!

4 comments:

Terri said...

This is very sad. I hope they move back someday.

Mary Schneider said...

You and me both!!!

A Yi Norah said...

Michelle has been a great friend and always will be. She is little the forth sister in the family. I will miss her too.

Machell said...

We miss you all so much! I cried for days after we left. We can't wait to have you visit. Travis especially since every conversation he has he somehow incorporates Benji into it.