Friday, August 31, 2007

The Year of the Golden Pig


2007 is the "Year of the Golden Pig" in China. For the Chinese, this year began on February 18, 2007 and will go through February 6, 2008. This "golden pig year" only comes around every 60 years in China. It was predicted that the country would see a baby surge during this year. Why? It's believed, by the Chinese, that children born on or between those dates would lead healthy, wealthy, carefree lives.

It's pure superstition...something I don't believe in. I'm not sure if China is seeing a baby surge or not, but in my neck of the woods baby pigs are popping up everywhere.

So, without further ado....let the announcements begin.

First up, my sister-in-law, Jacque. Due in November and having a boy.
Then, my very good friend, Jaime. Due in November, as well, and having a boy.
Next, another very good friend, Simone. Due in December and having a girl.
After that we will have....MY SISTER, SARAH!! Due in February/March and having a surprise!
Not far behind her, my cousin, Margaret. Due in March and does not yet know what she's having.
Finally (and very new to the scene), my other cousin and older sister to the first cousin I mentioned, Cecilia. She will most likely be due in May and could possibly be having twins!!

So there you have it folks. We will be praying for safe and healthy pregnancies, deliveries and babies for each and every one of them!!

5 comments:

A Yi Norah said...

Ya Babies!!! I love when someone else is having them and not me! I hope with all my heart my two wonderful sisters, their two and I will be sitting on the beach next summer watch the six boys play and surf. I know it must be hard to watch all these babies "popping up" and you are still waiting for yours. When your time comes it will be well worth the wait.

Cecilia Anderson said...

You know, in Germanic countries, pigs are a symbol of good luck, and people often give toy (or chocolate) bigs on New Year's eve. Rude though it may sound, I wish you lots and lots of pigs!!!

Cecilia's Hubbie

Cecilia Anderson said...

I hope with all my heart that somewhere within this list you'll soon be able to add your own little baby girl!!!

Suz said...

Sounds like you will be keeping busy with all these little ones coming into the world - how exciting! Hopefully there is one more from a distant land to be added soon!
Suz

Mardi said...

Wow! stock up in baby shower gifts now! :)

Hope your having a nice weekend. I have been so busy lately that I haven't kept up in bloggy land. It's nice to catch up on how things have been going for you. We should plan a Adoption mama's day again soon!