Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First day of the 2007/2008 school year!


Well, we made it to our first day of school on time!!! Barely!! The boys were both pretty nervous. It's a brand new school for them (their school closed over the summer...don't get me started on that one). Many of their friends from their old school transfered to the new one with them, so it helped to see some familiar faces when we arrived. Jacob is now in 5th grade and Benjamin in 3rd.

After I picked them up we started talking about how everything went. For the most part they both had a good day. There's a lot of new things that will take some getting used to, however. Anyway, Benjamin was telling me that he had to stand in front of his class and say five interesting things about himself. Here's how HE said it went...

Benjamin: "My name is Benjamin."
Class: "Hello, Benjamin."
Benjamin: "But you can call me Benji"
Class: "Hello, Benji"
Benjamin: "I had a dog named Katie"
Class: "Aahh"
Benjamin: "But she died"
Class: "Oohh"
Benjamin: "My Dad is named Doug, my Mom is named Mary, my brother is named Jacob, (and here's the best part) and my baby sister is named???? well, it don't know her name for sure...she lives in China and will be home as soon as my Mom and Dad finish their China trip. And, that's five things...the end."

Is that adorable or what?! He is one sweet little boy! I'm so glad that I have this blog because these are the little things I want to be able to tell her about when she starts to have questions about her adoption and I'm afraid I'll forget them if they aren't documented.

Anyway, I think we are off to a pretty good start this year. The school is actually a uniform school, but they said they could wear their own clothes for the first week. I'm wondering if they regretted that when they saw Jacob strolling up in his ripped, rolled up jeans and long sleeve t-shirt in 109 degree weather?! He kills me!

6 comments:

A Yi Norah said...

I'm glad the 1st day went well. Benji is so sweet. He talks about her all the time. He is going to love her like crazy. I can just see him sneaking in her room and holding her while she sleeps. Remember Mom telling us about Chris doing that with Dennis? Tell Jacob I loved his outfit.

Machell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Aww. What cuties! :) Glad their first day went well! :)Hopefully Benji will know soon what his little sisters name is going to be!!!

Cecilia Anderson said...

What a cute story! Sounds like a very happy family, including family-members-to-be!

Cecilia Anderson said...

I just came here to leave a comment and imagine my surprise at seeing I had already left one! Guess Harald is checking your blog as often as ours!! Anyway, I agree that's a wonderful story and she'll be so happy someday to know how much she was wanted by everyone in her family. Glad the school year's starting out well!

Mardi said...

ohhh Benji!!! How adorable!! :) You have the best boys! :)

Hey, I haven't forgotten, lets go hiking soon! My schedule with school starting is a little hectic right now, but I really want to get together with our families soon!

Hope your week is going well!