Wednesday, August 8, 2007

While we were out!!


Last week, the boys and I hopped in the car and headed to San Diego. Right after we left, referrals arrived!!! Our agency received the referrals on August 2nd. This batch of referrals covered families logged in from November 16th to November 21st, 2005. Our agency received 18 referrals in this batch. These families are expected to travel in about 8 weeks.

It was just what I needed to hear in order to relax and enjoy my time at the beach with the boys...news that things were once again moving forward.

There are 9 days left in November 2005 (only 7 of which are potential log in date days). The CCAA (Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs) reported that this month was a "record" month as far as the number of dossiers they received, so it's not surprising that it is taking them so long to work through it. It is my sincere hope that they will finish matching these families with the October batch!

We congratulate all the families who are seeing their child's face for the first time, and congratulate ourselves for moving up in line!!

I'll post pictures of our vacation as soon as Machell mails my camera to me...seeing as how I left it at her house!

3 comments:

lezlie p. said...

Mary, I love the blog..:) It's beautiful! Lez~

Cecilia Anderson said...

Yay!!! You're getting closer!! It's right around the corner now. Hope you all had a great time in San Diego. Can't wait to see the pictures.

A Yi Norah said...

Hey Moving forward!!! It will be a good feeling to know that November is completed. We had a great time in San Diego with you guys. I can't believe how mush our boys have grow. I have so many good memories of them at the beach together. Were did you get the dolphin picture?