Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back to the beach


Well, the boys and I finally made it to the beach. What's a summer without it?! We ventured over to San Diego to visit our good friends, the Searls. We caravaned over with my sister, Norah, and my Dad who made the trip in his motor home. I drove the car with kids (5 of them to be exact) and Norah drove in the motor home with my Dad and Lincoln (the youngest in the group). We had soooo much fun. Swan in ocean, boogie boarded, went crab hunting...we even did a midnight swim in the ocean (scary, but fun)! We got to visit with my girlfriend Danielle and her BEAUTIFUL daughter Cosette. We traveled up to Carlsbad one day to see my good friends Shawna and Lisa along with their children. It was non stop fun! Throughout the entire trip, I envisioned our little sugar plum right there with us. With as much fun as me and the boys had together...I still, truly hope this is the last summer we will spend without her.


Here's Shawna and Jayden (don't you love that bikini?!)

Jacob lov'in that warm sand!

Mary and Cosette ...it doesn't get much better than this!

And little Lincoln holding down the fort!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

So much summer fun!! I'm glad you had a good trip and I too hope that the next time you vacation with your friend that you will have your baby with you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Seeing those little baby girls in their bathing suits is too much. I can just picture our little Sugar Plam with a ruffled butt bikini and a big belly sticking out!

A Yi Norah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Yi Norah said...

We had a great time in S.D. as well. As always the drive back and forth was an adventure in it's self. Is Doug going to let us put little Sugar Plum in a bikini?

Mary Schneider said...

It will be interesting to see how Doug is with her clothing. He's made comments about little girls in bikini's...he always says, "Why can't they just be little girls?...Why do they have to try to make them look like women?" So, if I had to guess about whether or not he'll approve of her in a bikini..I'd say probably not, but you never know!

Terri said...

my dad never let me wear a bikini...here i am 44 and single....