Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The "Rumor Queen" ...why do I look?


There's this woman, nobody is really sure who she is, who has been running this website for quite a while now to monitor every aspect of adoption from China. She's referred to as the Rumor Queen. She gathers information from sources all over the world (supposedly) and post information to her website. Then, she rates the information for reliability. She's always speculating about when the next batch of referrals will come in, how many days it will cover, etc. Some people swear by her data, others take the information with a grain of salt....and then there's me. I don't know what to think of it. I highly doubt she knows people who are able to get insider information from the CCAA, but sometimes it almost seems like she must. To be honest, I only read her website, or blog, or whatever it is out of boredom and desperation. For what it's worth, my agency actually looks at it frequently and will question some of what she says on there with the CCAA (they go through the proper channels, of course) and will then post information on our Yahoo group so that we don't get led a stray by anything she may post.

Anyway, my point in all of this is to show you all a projection she made as to when certain months can expect a referral. If her projection is correct, we can expect a referral in June or July of 2008. I don't know if that will be true, anything can happen...things could speed up, or slow down! But, based on the way it's been going, I think it's a pretty good guess.

6 comments:

Jiinkin Design Team said...

BIG BIG SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pray it is sooner but I've learned to embrace reality! I hang onto hope for a speed up!!

Cecilia Anderson said...

My goodness, you are an amazing woman! To think - another 11 months... But you have a great support net (that is, lots of people like you!), and we'll be here for you!

A Yi Norah said...

Mary, call me when you are bored or desperate. You have no way of knowing if this information is even slightly accurate. If it is, I am here for you. 11 more months is heart breaking. I am so sorry. I know how bad you want her here in your arms. The place she should be. I will never let her forget how much you loved her before you even met her. I love you.

Mardi said...

Next summer...yeah, that's about what I was thinking. Just be prepared for my hair to be huge with all that heat and humidity in China in the summer! :)

Mary Schneider said...

For those of you who don't know, "Mardi" is logged in on March 7, 2006. Only 3 days before us. There is a good chance we will travel together. If we do, I will be sure to take lots of pictures of her "big" hair!!

Anonymous said...

So much for all the cute clothes I've been telling you we'll need to get for your trip so you dont look like a travel-weary sloppy mommy. You'll be so hot and humid, it'll be tank tops and capris, with your hair pulled up in a pony tail and melting makeup.