Sunday, September 2, 2007

Doug has been served

For the last year and a half (almost two years) Doug has had the pleasure of using the baby's room for his personal use. Since I wasn't quite ready to decorate the room right after we remodeled, he convinced me to allow him to use it so the space wouldn't go to waste.

However, I've been itching to turn that room into the nursery it is meant to be. So, I gave Doug his eviction notice. Benjamin was kind enough to serve him the papers. Doug knew better than to try to renegotiate the lease and reluctantly moved out.

So, as of tonight, her room is officially her room. Tomorrow we will start painting the walls. I'm so excited. I can't believe I'm actually starting to decorate MY DAUGHTER'S room. I'll be sure to post pictures as it all unfolds!!

6 comments:

Cecilia Anderson said...

Eek! I feel for Doug. I'm going to lose my office, too, as soon as our bundle(s) of joy get(s) here, and I'll move to the basement... Where did Doug's stuff end up?

Cecilia's hubbie

A Yi Norah said...

This has been long over due! You need another baby project to keep your spirits up.
I have had fun decorating all the boys rooms but come on, this is going to be great!!!
Get that closet cleaned-up we need to move some of her clothes into her room.

Terri said...

How fun! I will be stalking your blog for photos and updates!

Mary Schneider said...

Doug moved his computer crap into our bedroom!!! NOT GOOD! However, he is going to rearrange the office and make space for it in there...as soon as he's done painting for me.

Stephanie said...

Woo hoo! I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

It better be PINK!!!