Thursday, September 6, 2007

Paint party!!


Well it wasn't really a party, but the whole family participated in painting the baby's room. The boys were so excited to help. Doug gave them some pointers and then stepped back and let them paint away. I was having a heart attack the whole time. I thought they would give up after a few minutes, but no such luck. Since I'm a controlling spaz and wanted to rip the paint rollers from their hands and get down to some serious painting rather then let them enjoy themselves and feel proud being able to help make her room beautiful, I left and went to grocery store. When I returned, they had just finished the first coat. It actually looked pretty good. Benjamin was so excited to show me that he made me cover my eyes while I walked in there!

It is so nice that Doug has so much patience with the boys. He really enjoys showing them how to do stuff like this. The three of them had a great time together and have been going in there and admiring their work quite a bit. It was a nice little family chore....we all talked about our little girl throughout the day. It's amazing to me how much the boys talk about her. I don't think a day goes by when one of them doesn't bring her up. She is going to be so spoiled by them....I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Aren't my grandsons marvelous? Doug is every boy's dream of a dad and Mary, I'm glad you know your limits and just leave them at it. No good putting a damper on such enthusiasm and show of love. What did you get at the store? More supplies?

A Yi Norah said...

I saw what a great job the boys did. Their little sister is so lucky to have 2 wonderful brothers. I can't to start filling the room the PINK!

A Yi Norah said...

We need a picture of the UPS truck so you can blog about us chancing it down.