Saturday, March 28, 2009

What it feels like to adopt


My girlfriend, Terri, sent me an email with this photo attached asking how I was holding up! I laughed so hard when I saw it. The picture pretty much describes how I've been feeling this week with regards to the adoption. My nerves are a frazzled mess (but in a good way) as we wait to see what this batch of referrals will do! I've been checking the rumor boards like a mad women! It's a thrill a minute...not really, but it is an exciting time for us!

One thing is certain, my friend Mardi WILL be receiving her referral in this batch! My heart is racing for you Mardi! I'm waiting on pins and needles right along side you! Lauren is almost here!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kayce said...

That is SO true! We just got back from Target and as we walked through the baby section my heart was pittering and pattering away! I can't wait to see Lauren's face! I hope it's next week!!!!

S.Wise said...

Me too. I SO hope it is next week and I hope it is for BOTH of you!!! My heart might just do cart wheels!

Mardi said...

hehe!! I know! I am praying you are in this batch with me!! Wouldn't we have fun! :)

I love the pic, I'm keeping this one for "the call" post. :)

Leigh said...

I can't even imagine how you are feeling! I keep checking your blog like a crazy woman.... When is it going to happen?????

My crazy crazy life said...

hahahahahaha, that picture is the best!!! Looking at that picture makes me realize that no matter our color, race or religion, we are all human and have the same emotions. I'm so excited for you, I can't even imagine what you are going through with your excitment. And to think, that little girl is there probably dreaming about her new little mommy that's going to pick her up some day. Ugh, I can't handle it, I want to see her NOW!!!!

S.Wise said...

Have you seen RQ this morning? It's not over yet, but I hope you are not too disappointed. This means, if it is correct, that you will be next! :) Hugs friend.