Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our 3 Year LID Anniversary!

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of our log in date. It's amazing to think that 3 years have passed since we received word that our documents were officially "logged in" at the CCAA. So much has changed in our lives since then. So much has changed in the world on international adoption. The one thing that has remained the same is the uncertainty of this program. This has been one long, hard journey but I'm so glad that we have stuck it out. It already feels so worth it!

Our little sugarplum is in our thoughts and dreams everyday. There's hardly anything I do throughout the day that doesn't make me think of her. I don't know who or where she is right now, but I know I love her. It won't be long before we see her precious face.

We love you, baby girl, and will continue to wait for you with open arms and open hearts!

(The flower pictured above is some type of a "sugarplum" flower....who knew?!)

4 comments:

Kayce said...

You've got to get some sugarplum flowers to plant for a 3 year celebration! Happy 3 years to the Schneider family, you are almost done waiting!!!!!

My crazy crazy life said...

I remember the day you found out. It was so exciting! I can't wait for the day you get your referral. I can't wait for the day you leave to go to China. I can't wait for the day you pick your little girl up. And I can't wait for the day you bring her home for us all to share in loving her! So many exciting "waits" still ahead but we are so close! Hang in there...it won't be much longer.

Leigh said...

Where has the time gone??? Congratulations on not going completely insane during this process. Your payoff will come not a moment too soon. Can't wait to see your "sugarplum's" precious face.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that now that 3+ years have passed, I still remeber the day we dropped your FedEx package of docs off. It really does seem that it wasn't that long ago, but a few babies later and here we are still waiting for yours. Almost there, sis. You are an inspiration!