Friday, April 3, 2009

REFERRAL NEWS!!!

Today, April 3, 2009, Children's Hope received referrals for our families who have March 7, 2006 Log In Dates. We received 8 beautiful little girls all from the Guizhou Province. They were 9 months, 11 months, 12 months, 13 months, two children that are 19 months, 2 years 5 months, and 3 years and 4 months. The families that received the 2 and 3 year old children either requested a toddler or were given a referral based on the CCAA guidelinesof the parents ages and what age child they qualify for. These families waited 37 months from the time of their LID. Congratulations to thesefamilies!

At this time, we do not know what the cut off date was for referrals. Our next families that will be receiving referrals have a March 10, 2006 LID.

This batch of referrals seemed to have dropped out of the sky! Usually we hear reports of Europe getting referrals and then a day later they arrive in the U.S. Not this month! My friend Mardi received her call this morning and I was able to speak with her this afternoon. Thank you so much for calling me, Mardi. I feel so priviledged to have been your third phone call of the day (her husband, her mother and then ME). As I type this post, her and Dan are seeing Lauren's face for the first time. Soon her photo will be up on their blog for all to see. Although I have shed tears of joy off and on all day, I think I'm in a bit of a state of shock. Is this really happening??!! Are we really next??!! I'm in awe.

CONGRATULATIONS DAN AND MARDI!!! Lauren is so loved.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know we all hoped this month would be your month, but now you are NEXT! Congratulations to Mardi and Lauren, Althought we've never talked I feel I know you a bit from Mary and I know she feels very close to you. We all feel your joy! Mary's sister, Sarah

Leigh said...

It's so cute to see all the sweet baby faces! Can't wait to see your baby girl... SOON!!!!

Kayce said...

This batch has me so excited!!! Lauren is SO cute!!!! You are NEXT Mary!!!!!!!! NEXT! Hugs!!!

My crazy crazy life said...

I can't believe it's going to be next month...I'm freaking out. I agree with you, it's going to be a very anxiety ridden couple of weeks, but can you believe it's almost here???? Uggghhhh, I want to see her now!!! How exciting for all of your other friends that have been on this journey with you.

S.Wise said...

It has been a good day indeed! :) Lauren is beautiful...

NEXT NEXT NEXT IS YOU!!!!!!! :) I'm going to be a mess again!!

A Yi Norah said...

I thought for sure this was the month. I guess our Month will be May. Sarah and I spent all morning reading other families blogs and looking at their pictures. All though we are truly happy for them I REALLY can't wait until we are all looking at your little SugarPlums picture. It is crazy how much I love her and miss her. You are so close...

Anonymous said...

Norah is going to be a "stalkerazzi" come May 1st, Mary. She is determined to be right there when you get your call...What am I talking about? I'm totally going to be camped out at your house, too.

Kayce said...

Your comment of me singing the hills are alive...is so true! That is exactly what I was doing in that picture!! LOL! Hope you're enjoying your weekend. I'm still in shock with referrals! Many smiles and tears in this house!

Anonymous said...

Mary

All three of our beautiful daughters were born in May so surely May is a blessed month for us. There WILL be a day when I'll be holding my little girl while she's holding hers. Love, Mom

Mardi said...

Thanks Mary!! I got a message from your sister as well! So nice! ;)

You are next!! Get your seatbelt on because it is one heck of a ride!!! :)

Hal Anderson said...

You know, it's as if they know you're next and are almost teasing you! It's so exciting.

Harald

Mardi said...

Counting the minutes Mary!!! Thinking of you and can't wait to see Lauren's future playmate! :)