Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Bliss!

I may have just had the best weekend ever! On Friday, Doug and the boys left for a two night camping trip and I had the whole house to myself. I think it's a first! Friday night, Leigh came over and we went to work on trying to complete the crib bedding. First, we came up with a plan and an idea for the skirt, then we headed to Jo Ann's and bought the few things we knew we were going to need....then we went out for sushi! I was convinced that that would be the end of "sewing" for the night, but Leigh was bound and determined to get something done. So, we picked up some yummy desert and headed back to the house. We actually managed to make some pretty good progress on the bumper that night. JB and Brianna popped in for some moral support, which was nice!
Saturday morning I cleaned my house a bit and headed out to meet Terri and Suzanne for lunch. It was so nice to see them both again. Suzanne even surprised me with a cute little outfit for our sugarplum. Panda p.j.'s! Thank you Suzanne!
When I got back to the house, Norah was already there and guess what she had with her?! A BRAND NEW CAR SEAT FOR US!!! It's a gift from my sisters and my parents! It was so unexpected, but GREATLY appreciated. I can't believe I have a car seat in my house ready to go. It gives me chills to think about it.
Soon, all the girls were here....Norah, Sarah, Leigh and Adrianna.....oh and I can't forget, Vienna. The sewing got under way, as did the wine drinking. Just one bottle...we had to stay focused! Anyway, we got it done!!! I have the best girlfriends and sisters in the world. I say it all the time, but it really is true.

Saturday night I went to dinner with Adrianna and Chris. Then, Norah and Sarah and I went out for some drinks, lots of laughs and a little dancing. The three of us NEVER get out together like that....it was a lot of fun.

Sunday, I slept in, sat by the pool, chatted on the phone and waited for my three boys to return home. Benji could hardly wait to run in the door and give me a hug (I think I got about 20 hugs from him that night). The three of them had a blast on their trip....and nobody got hurt!
Doug took me to dinner that night (cause I hadn't been spoiled enough). I told him all about my weekend. He was very impressed with the baby's room and even more impressed with the generosity and love that my friends and sisters show to me. We feel so blessed to have each and everyone of you in our lives. It's hard to put into words just how much you all mean to us. Having your support and love throughout this journey has made it possible for us to stay strong for our little girl and to not give up hope that this will happen! It warms my heart to know just how much love this child has waiting for her.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!


"Waiting mamas"



"I came to help sew....and hold pink hippos"!



Sewing is serious business....even with wine!



Norah hard at work (probably undoing what Sarah just did..ha ha)


The pictures don't do it justice...it really is precious!


Aren't the tie backs adorable?!

The only thing missing is our sugarplum.

Our new carseat, modeled by the lovely Vienna!

Update: Doug made the music selection for this post!

11 comments:

Leigh said...

I am so excited that the bedding is actually done! Yeah! We did have to keep on task(no martini's w/ our sushi)... it actually wasn't that hard after we came up with a game plan. Our efforts paid off- big time! How precious is that little girls room!!! I love it!

And Mary you are so welcome! I feel like I hardly did anything in comparison to all the time and energy you have put in to helping me with various home decorating and painting projects. You are the kind of friend that always can be counted on and I am happy to help in any way I can. I had a great time with the girls last weekend... our mad sewing skills are obviuos:)

Kayce said...

The bedding is just beautiful Mary! You guys did a great job!!!! Isn't it so much fun putting everything together for your sugarplum! The car seat is adorable...we've been eyeing some but trying to figure out what kind of truck to put it in..my dh that is! LOL! Can't wait to see your sugarplum sitting in her crib and car seat.

S.Wise said...

I'm so glad you had fun! Wish I could have helped you out somehow!! :) The bedding looks gorgeous! You guys did a wonderful job... and that car seat is adorable. What a sweet family you have!!! The excitement is brewing..... FINALLY!!!! Only days before seeing her face!!! CHILLS!!!!!

A Yi Norah said...

That's what sisters are for!!! You are the first to help one of us, you have coached Sarah and I through all our births, you are the greatest big sister! It is my pleasure to help in any way. The room already looks so cute.
And yes, Saturday night was a blast. I will never forget "Im Irish, I like to have fun"!

Mardi said...

Mary, your bedding is beautiful!! You and your sister's are amazing! I can't wait to see you (and your daughter's picture) soon!! :)

Please tell you sister how much I appreciate her comments on my blog. She is so sweet! :)

Hal Anderson said...

This is so beautiful. And I'm very envious of your getting to sleep in - do it while you can!

Terri said...

I am all weepy. Mary you are so close to meeting your sugarplum. Your daughter now has a beautiful place to sleep, and a safe place to be in your car. Everything for you little girl is falling into place. I am glad that you posted a photo of Vienna. I left and realized I didn't see her. She is sooo cute! She will have a little cousin to play with very soon. Terri

My crazy crazy life said...

Mary, I could barely get through the post, I was crying uncontrollably...that darn ugly cry!!! I remember when you came over and helped me put Luke's bed together and get the room ready before he got here. I was so overwhelmed and you swooped in and saved the day. That's just one time in the many hundred times you have helped me over the years. You are definitely deserving of all the help you get...

On a side note, do you remember when I first had Sydney and she had her first big fever at like MIDNIGHT, and I called you because I didn't know who else to call and you were knocking on my door in no time flat with a digital thermometer and medicine. That is just the kind of friend you are. I'm so blessed to have you. I wish I was there for you more!!! Sugarplum is going to be one very lucky little lady to have a mommy like you.

Mary Schneider said...

I do remember Sydney's fever. But, you guys also lived a block from my house, so coming over was no big deal. Not to mention, Sydney was such a BEAUTIFUL baby that it was worth it just to get to see her precious face.

Aaahh the memories!

Suz said...

I love the bedding, it is so beautiful!!! I can't wait to swing by and see a little face poking out over the top!!! I just glanced at The Queen, it says matching baby! Holy crap, how exciting!!!! Hang in there, I bet these next few days are going to be insane!!
Luv
Suz

Mardi said...

Strap on your seatbelt!!! You are about to join me on this extremely emotional, wild, and fantastic ride!!! ;)