Friday, July 13, 2007

Why "Baby Girl Schneider"?

Some of you may be wondering why we titled our blog, "Baby Girl Schneider". Well, I'll tell you. When Jacob was born, much earlier than expected, we were completely caught off guard. We hadn't gotten to that point in pregnancy where you really start to narrow down a name. To be honest, we hadn't even discussed it. So, for the first week or so of his life, he was simply called Baby Boy Schneider. Then when Benjamin was born, the same thing happened. Well, not exactly the same thing. Benjamin was born full term and there was really not excuse why Doug and I hadn't chosen a name for him, but we hadn't. So, he left the hospital under the name of Baby Boy Schneider. I named him after he was home for about a week (the hospital was not happy).
So, as tradition would have it (if you can call it tradition) we have yet to name our daughter. I'm sure, sometime after we meet her, we will chose a beautiful name that fits her just right. About the only thing we have talked about is the fact that we would like to incorporate her Chinese name into her given name. But, until that time, she will lovingly be referred to as Baby Girl Schneider!
Below are pictures of my two Baby Boy Schneider's...these photos were both taken before they had the names Jacob Alexander Schneider and Benjamin Grant Schneider. Aren't they precious?! Soon, we will have a beautiful referral photo to add to our collection.

3 comments:

Cecilia Anderson said...

Wow, It's been a couple of days since I last checked and you've got three new posts! I need to get more active with my blog.

Anyway, that doll is great! It is so wonderful that all your siblings live in the same town and you can be part of each other's daily lives. Is Linclon happy to have his cast off? Did he even notice?

A Yi Norah said...

It still shocks me to see Jacob so helpless. That was such a scary time for you guys. I remember Benji's birth so clearly. He was the first baby I watched be born. My eyes were closed with Taylor. HaHa! You have 2 great boys and one great daughter on the way. Love you!

Cecilia, Lincoln is doing great. He didn't even notice the cast was gone. It was like is never happened. I have checked out your bog as well. Good Job.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how he looks like Jacob even with all those tubes in him.