Thursday, July 19, 2007

Just one of those days


I should be cleaning my house right now. I started to, but kept stopping to come into the office to check my computer. I find myself doing this a lot lately. I just keep hoping there will be some bit of news to let us know we are moving forward. I spend much of my time these days feeling like something is missing. I just feel like she should have been home by now...we shouldn't still be waiting. WHERE IS SHE?! It'd hard to explain, but somedays (today would be one of them) I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness.

I decided to look at a blog that I check in on from time to time. The gal's name is Stephanie Wise. She is using the same agency as us and is logged in same month as we are. She's an artist and I plan on buying some of her art work for the nursery when we get closer to finishing it. Anyway, she had a link to this photographer's website on her blog. I went there and viewed some of the photos he has taken of girls who have been brought home from China. They are BEAUTIFUL!! He has their referral photo, and then pictures of them around 2 years old. I bawled my eyes out the whole time I was viewing the album.

Click on the link below, skip the prologue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page and click on "Some Babies Come by Plane". That should take you to the part of his website that has these precious baby girls.
http://www.davidclapp.com/

I guess I'll go clean and cry and pray for a peaceful heart and a calm mind.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Mary!
Thanks for your post! It's nice to "meet" you! Mardi said that she met you and Terri and I was a little jealous! :) This wait has been very hard and it is so awesome to see those sweet little faces in David Clapp's photography! For some reason it gives me hope. :) Hang in there!

Cecilia Anderson said...

Hi, Mary!

Cecilia's hubbie here. This is so well done! It's great to see how much this child is loved, even before you've met it!

I'm glad we're all baby-partners - your patience and strength inspire us!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I hope this doesn't offend anyone outside our family, but I picked which baby girl would best match (looks wise) Mary, Norah and me. Mary gets matched with Jada (or Eliza). Norah gets Abbey Grace, and I call Allie. It's like the "I'm her" game we used to play as children.

Cori said...

Wow are those little girls cute!!!! I loved the one with the super short hair - so adorable. Saramarie can't wait for her new cousin to get here - she is always the only girl and she wants a girl cousin so much.

You and Doug are in our prayers.

Cori and Family

Mardi said...

I loved this site as well. Hey, I finally have your site address. I found you linked on Steph's blog. :)

I wore my necklace yesterday. It makes me feel a little closer to Lauren when I wear it. Thanks again for such a beautiful gift! :)

A Yi Norah said...

They are all so adorable. Sarah was right on. Abbey Grace totaly jumped out at me. She is so beautiful. I kills me so see you so sad Mary. You are hurting and longing for your baby girl and I am helpless when it comes to try to comfort you. I love you.

Machell said...

It makes me so sad to hear how upset you are. I wish I could make it all better and take away your sadness. Benji is too cute, and knows when you needed a little pick-me-up. I'd have given you a big hug too. Love Ya!