Monday, July 16, 2007

The start of something beautiful...I hope!


So, at some point during the month of July I started working on the baby's crib bedding. I've just about got the bumper done. I've decided just to work on one piece at a time. Her room is a blank canvas right now. Doug is using it, temporarily, to store some of his computer stuff. Soon, I will give him his eviction notice and start turning it into an actual nursery. But, for now he can have use of it.

Anyway, it will take me a while to get all the bedding finished but that's OK. I'm having a good time doing it. Norah and Sarah came over the other day to help me attach the ruffle and the pipping. It's not easy to work on a sewing project with six boys running around the house, but we managed. Next time it will be just the three of us and a bottle of wine (well, not for Sarah..she's pregnant). I'll update the blog with photos as I go along. Here's some pictures of what I've got done so far!

5 comments:

Cecilia Anderson said...

That bumper is gorgeous! Are you ready for a baby to throw up all over it? Seriously, it looks like silk. Did you pick that fabric to help your little Chinese sweetie feel at home in her new crib? And what a good seamstress you are now. I can't wait to quit my job and start decorating a nursery!

Mary Schneider said...

I wanted to find something that at least had a little bit of an Asian flare. I found the pink fabric first (and yes it is a little bit of a silk), then I found the other two fabrics to accent it. I'm glad you like it! Your Mom was the one that basically taught me to sew...I wish I was as good as her.
If she pukes on it I'm in trouble!!

Beverley Garden Club member said...

The reason I had not 'posted' was that I did not bookmark you address. Now I've got it. Your bumpers are very elegant, I'm with Cecilia, the first throw-up or pee spot will be a real christening! Bumpers were our sewing trial project I think years ago.
Writing out the process is very good mentally & so much easier for the rest of us to follow. You get a big star for staying patient for SOOO long.

A Yi Norah said...

The photos don't do it justice. The bumper is gorgeous!!! The colors are such a compliment to each other. Speaking of compliments, where do you mention about your 2 little helps. Keep going your hard work is paying off.

Mary Schneider said...

Is it totally obvious that I sent Aunt Jane a threatening email about not posting on my blog?! I can be such a brat. She's the one who basically taught me how to sew...and yes, we worked on my sister-in-law's crib bedding together! It was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. You were a wonderful and patient teacher! Thank you!