Friday, August 29, 2008

We have a tween!!!

My Jacob turned 12 today!! I just can't believe it. First thing this morning he asked what time it was, then he asked what time he was born. It hit me like a ton of bricks...OMG you're 12! !! I welled up with tears (don't ask me why) and told him he was born sometime between 8:00 and 8:30 in the morning. Seeing as how I was flat on my back in the middle of an O.R. I can't really say for sure what time he was born....the time was the last thing on my mind.

Jacob has come so far since his rough start in life. He's a strong, brave, kind, patient, active, bright young man. Although I'm nervous about the whole teenage thing, I have so much confidence in Jacob. I'm really excited to see what the next few years will hold for him.

I told Jacob I would put his favorite song on the blog this week....he can't seem to decide on one, so Sheryl Crow will have to remain for now.

The picture above was taken off my cell phone, so it's not the greatest, but Jacob sure is!!!

We love you Jacob!

6 comments:

S.Wise said...

That's one good lookin' kid!!! Happy Birthday Jacob!!

Cecilia Anderson said...

Happy birthday, Jacob! I can't believe it's been 12 years already either. Are you sure you're ready for diapers all over again, Mary??!!

Love, Cecilia

Terri said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!
Terri(daisybox)

Maggie said...

I still cannot watch the videos taken while Jacob was in the NICU. What a beautiful, handsome young man you've grown to be. You are a kind and thoughtful young man and I love you so very much and am proud of the person you are. Nana

Kayce said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!! We hope you have a great year ahead and it's filled with lots of dreams come true!

Mary...welcome to the tween/teen club. Hold on! ;)

My crazy crazy life said...

I can remember the day like it was yesterday when I got the call that you were having Jacob. Then his little birth announcement with all those wires and tubes all over him. Sniff Sniff. But now look at him....HOTTIE!!!! I love that little guy...he has come so far! He's a survivor!!!