Thursday, July 24, 2008

Breathing again!

After many, many emails and phone calls, I feel I can state with a measure of confidence that our adoption is going to be OK... at least with regards to our agency being denied Hague accreditation. This is due in part to the fact that we have not allowed ANY of our documents to expire and, as such, qualify to extend our current I 171H (which doesn't expire until 1/9/09). After the extension if filed, a new I 171H will be issued which will be good for an additional 18 months. China has a informed our agency that they will allow them to continue to facilitate the adoptions of their families who expect to receive a referral (and complete their travel) before their current I 171H expires. That's us! In fact, after we file for our extension, we....and I say this with a measure of confidence as well...should be done with our paper work!!! Done being fingerprinted and re-fingerprinted, done with medical exams, done with home studies and notaries, done with court certificates....DONE...until, of course, we get to China.

So, for now I am breathing again. For the first time in a long time I am starting to let myself really think about her. I am allowing myself to believe that the crib, pictured above, will not remain empty forever! I'm enjoying picturing her with us instead of wanting to cry everytime I do. It feels so good. It's amazing how close to my heart this child has remained these past 3 years!

Tomorrow I'm off to enjoy my "girlfriends weekend". Checking into the spa for 2 days. Aaahhh! I'm glad that I get to do so with peace of mind. This week has been stressful and rather high in emotion. It's going to feel so good to put all of that behind me for a few days, relax and enjoy the company of my wonderful friends!

"Thank you" to all our friends and family for all of the loving support we have received from you over the course of the past 3 years (we started our paperchase 3 years ago this month)! It's been a journey fulls of highs and lows and so many unexpected twists and turns. We couldn't have made it this far without you!


Big hugs to everyone!

7 comments:

Kayce said...

Oh Mary, I'm crying right now. That crib is beautiful!! Enjoy your girl weekend and relax!

Cecilia Anderson said...

Mary, you are wonderful, and an inspiration to us all.

I love the new music, too!

Harald

My crazy crazy life said...

Hey Mary,
You are stronger than you even know. It will be so surreal when you finally get her but once she's here, it will probably feel like you've had her this whole time! That will be a GREAT day! Hang in there Mar...love you!
Jaime

Stephanie said...

BIg hug to you. Isn't it nice to finally feel safe to imagine! I can't wait to see a picture of that beautiful crib full of your little one!!!

Mardi said...

It is always good talking to you Mary! I'm so thankful for our friendship and that we are on this journey together. Hope your having a great time at Camelback!! (like there's any possibility that your not!) ;)

A Yi Norah said...

I am SO happy that all the heart arch is behind us now. I can't wait to help complete her room. It's been awhile since you have wanted to talk about preparing for her arrival. Even though some times her being with us feels like so far away I think of her EVERY day. This little Sugarplum will be so loved. My heart arches for both you and her for being apart. I love you.

Cecilia Anderson said...

What a relief! The crib is gorgeous, and your little angel will be too.

Love you! Cecilia