Thursday, October 2, 2008

California here we come!!

Doug is away on a canoe trip and tomorrow marks the start of the boys "Fall break", so I'm taking them to the beach for a few days!!! We've already got the car packed and we're ready to go. I'm tempted to let them ditch school, but I'm working there tomorrow so I guess we better go.

I miss the ocean sooooo much. I can't wait to see it, smell it, feel the sand between my toes, listen to waves crashing, watch the boys run in and out of the water.....you know what I mean. Aaaahhhh, I love the beach! We're staying with our very good friends, the Searls. I'm also hoping to see my brother, Chris, who moved to Oceanside last fall. He's promised Jacob surfing lessons, so let's hope we are able to hook up.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

We still haven't heard the official cut-off date from the last batch of referrals, but I'm 99% sure it was the 15th!

3 comments:

My crazy crazy life said...

Oooooo, I'm sooo jealous! Have a great time....the beach with the kids are always the best memories for a mom.

Kayce said...

Have a great time! Wished I lived closer to Oceanside! Enjoy the ocean.

S.Wise said...

Have a wonderful time!