Monday, March 26, 2007

May 2006

By the time May had arrived, the wait time from log in date to referral had gone to 12 months. The reason that the wait was getting longer rather than shorter was being explained by China as being a supply and demand issue. They simply had more approved dossiers waiting to be matched than they had children available for matching. Not all of the orphanages in China are part of the international program, so that limits the number of available children somewhat. The children also have to go through medical exams before they can be placed internationally which takes time and man power. So, needless to say, May was a very discouraging month for us. I couldn't believe
that from the time we mailed our documents in February till May, our wait had been extended five additional months. It was scaring me to death to think that things could continue down this path. It was a tearful month for me. I was starting to realize how bad I was at this waiting thing! However, by the end of the month something happened that allowed me to snap out of my pity party for a moment and celebrate life. On May 31, 2006 Norah gave birth to Lincoln Joseph Seaverns!

No comments: