Thursday, November 8, 2007

Better late than never!


Referrals arrived this week. They came in on Monday...I'm just a little late in reporting. It covered December 1, 2005 through December 8th...only an 8 day batch. It was somewhat discouraging to see that...I was hoping for 10-12 days, but at least it's something. Our agency only had families logged in on one of the days that this batch covered (December 5th). Some of those families have started posting their referral photos onto the agency's Yahoo site and the babies are just beautiful!! Some are as young as 6 1/2 months old. Although our wait drags on, we feel so excited for these families who have waited 23 months from their log in date to see their baby's face for the first time. A heart felt congratulations goes out to them.

In other baby news....Jacque did deliver her baby (via c-section) last Thursday. He was a perfectly healthy 6 1/2 pound baby boy!! They went home from the hospital on Saturday and are both doing great (well, Jacque still has some healing to do, but she's one happy mama!!) Here's a photo of our new nephew, Cascade Dorsett Kaseler, being held by his only female cousin Saramarie!
Then, on Monday (the same day the referrals arrived) my girlfriend, Jayme, also gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He weighed in at 8 pounds 7 ounces!! Although the picture below doesn't show it, he has red hair (just like his older brother Gavin). They named this little guy Dylan Micheal Horton.
We are grateful to God for the safe arrival of both of these bundles of joy. Next up to deliver, in my life, is my girlfriend, Simone, who is expecting a baby girl!!

5 comments:

A Yi Norah said...

Those are some tiny babies. I forgot how small they are at birth. They are both so hansom!
Which one of us won the contest?

Terri said...

Babies! Congratulations.
Terri

Mary Schneider said...

Norah won the contest. Sarah guessed over, I guessed under and you guessed in the middle...is that typical of the three of us or what?! I guess I owe you a margarita...what are doing right now??

Anonymous said...

My guess is 10 for the next batch

Mary Schneider said...

You guessed 10 last time, Sarah. I'm going with 8 days...I want it to be more like 12 10 15, but refuse to be too hopeful.