Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Referral News!


Our agency just reported that they received referrals today for the families who were logged in on November 28, 2005!!! Everyone was hoping referrals would be mailed out from China over the weekend, and apparently they were. I was up in Washington with my sister-in-laws all weekend and must have checked the computer 10 times a day to see if there was any word. Nothing! Then yesterday (Monday)..still nothing! I was really surprised to see this announcement today. The reason we were hoping that the referrals would be mailed over the weekend is because the Harvest Moon Festival began yesterday, October 1 and will be celebrated thru October 8 throughout all of China. So, the CCAA will be shut down until next week. The interesting thing about this batch of referrals is that nobody knows what the cut off date was. For whatever reason, the CCAA did not update their website with the cut off date. This batch began with November 26th (which was a Saturday) and included, at least, November 28. Our agency has families logged in on the 28th of November, and then not again until the 5th of December. December 5th families were not included in this batch. So, I'm still left wondering if they finished matching the November 2005 families. I really, really, really, really hope they did. I guess we'll have to wait until next week to know for sure (but, for what it's worth, my gut instinct tells me they did...I think the cut will be the 30th).

This month has been full of distractions..some good, some not good. Being busy has been good for me emotionally. The school year is in full swing and October is already filling up with all kinds of activities. I hope the wait to the next batch of referrals goes by quickly. Know matter how busy we are, we think of our little girl every single day....at least today we know we are one step closer to seeing her precious face.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Mary!
I'm glad we are in this boat together! :) I too think they got to the 30th... not sure about further than that... One month closer....and it's hard not to be excited!

Maggie said...

The month of November will never again be just another month. It has seemed interminable to crawl through it and a hage relief to be finally through it. Keep your chin up Miss Mary, you're closer every week Love, Mom

Richard and Jane Hicks said...

I should know this but did you put YOUR referral in during Nov '05? So they will be looking at your papers next? This does sound like a major step forward. Thinking of you, Aunt Jane

A Yi Norah said...

No matter how big or how small one step forward is good news and keeps us all hopeful. I too think of her every day and can't wait for the day I see you holding her walking down the airport gateway. ( and then handing her to me...I call I get to hold her first!)

Cecilia Anderson said...

I guess they like biulding up the anticipation, don't they? I think of you whenever I see a UPS truck go by.
Love from Cecilia's Hubbie