Saturday, May 19, 2007

Feb 2007/WE HAVE NEWS!!!


I will never forget this night, or the days that immediately followed. I had finished putting the boys to bed and straightening up the house. Doug was watching TV and I decided to check my email one last time before I went to sleep. I opened my inbox and there it was. I had gotten an email from our agency with the following announcement:


The CCAA has finished the review of the adoption application documents registered with our office before March 22, 2006.

The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before October 13, 2005

WE WERE THROUGH THE REVIEW ROOM!!! I jumped up and yelled for Doug. I made him read the announcement to me because I thought for sure I was reading it wrong (and I was already crying so hard I couldn't see the screen).

I had been hoping to hear that maybe, just maybe, we were in the "review room", but we weren't.....WE WERE THROUGH IT!! We finally had official approval from China. Our dossier had been moved to the "Matching Room". The excitement was overwhelming!!! I called my sister's at midnight to tell them (that's how late it was when I found out). I didn't sleep a wink that night! I laid in bed and had visions of my baby girl. I prayed that she was safe and warm. I wished there was a way to let her know we were one step closer to having her in our arms!

I put a time line on the top of my blog that starts with this approval. It will stay on there until we finally receive our referral.

No comments: