Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oct 2006/Meet Ellie


Your about to see what a really long wait can drive a person to do. As I mentioned, Benjamin and I went on a field trip earlier this month to a farm on the west side of town. We saw these adorable little baby goats that we thought were the sweetest things in the world. So, we (meaning Jacob, Benji and I) called the farm and asked if we could ADOPT one of their goats. They said yes!
So we did! I thought Doug was going to have a heart attack when he came home that night and found me bottle feeding a goat in the backyard! I just looked at him and said, "Do you see what this wait is doing to me? I'm playing mom to a baby goat!" He just laughed (I think). We named her Ellie.

We had a lot of fun with Ellie....for a few months. Then she started acting like....well, a goat. She is now living a very happy life at our friends, The Cooks, house. She is being taken good care of by Micheala (their daughter) and has other goats to play with and even a horse to annoy. She couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is definitely what you call desperate!